We are looking for a warm and friendly dental hygienist to join our team in Horse Cave Kentucky. We have a fantastic team of compassionate doctors who have been practicing for over 40 years. We have an established patient base who are friendly and kind, we truly feel that they are an extension of our family. This position is only available because Carol is retiring from our office after practicing hygiene with us for almost 30 years. Call Beth today to schedule an interview.
- Promotes dental health by completing dental prophylaxis, providing oral cancer screening and radiographic studies, charting conditions of decay and disease, and performing procedures in compliance with the Dental Practice Act.
- Prepares treatment room for patients by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patients.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
- Select materials and equipment for dental hygiene visits by evaluating patients’ oral health.
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums, using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession, and exposing and developing radiographic studies.
- Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity-preventing agents.
- Helps dentists manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and a directory of emergency numbers.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions and schedules accordingly.
- Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories and charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserve dental resources by using equipment and supplies to accomplish job results.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Use of dental technology
- Dental health maintenance
- Infection control
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Bedside manner
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Administering medication
Neville Family Dentistry is hiring! Dental Assistants joining our family get a $500 sign-on bonus, competitive pay, and benefits. We are looking for a warm and friendly dental assistant to join our team in Horse Cave Kentucky. We have a fantastic team of compassionate doctors who have been practicing for over 40 years. We have an established patient base who are friendly and kind, we truly feel that they are an extension of our family. Call Beth today to schedule an interview.
- Take and document patient dental history and updates, as well as overall health and medication history.
- Assist dentist by handling supplies and instruments as requested.
- Prepare tables and trays for dentist with necessary instruments and supplies.
- Clean and sterilize instruments, and prepare treatment rooms as needed.
- Take, expose, and mount high quality dental radiographs.
- Ensure appropriate supply of equipment and materials.
- Perform patient charting as instructed by the dentist.
- Welcome patients and get them situated in the appropriate treatment room.
Qualifications / Skills:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Licensed as a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) or a Registered Dental Assistant in Extended Functions (RDAEF)
- Current CPR certification preferred
- Radiology certification preferred
- 1-2 years of experience as an RDA
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to follow outlined policies and guidelines
- Possess a professional and positive attitude